What is the Alumni Programme?
Generation Global values every young person participating in the programme. If you have enjoyed being part of our global network we would like to invite you to continue your engagement with us. Every year we offer volunteering opportunities for young people who would like to further develop their knowledge and skills on digital dialogue to join our alumni programme.
Working closely with Generation Global's central team, the alumni contribute to enrich young people's experience on the Ultimate Dialogue Adventure, supporting them to use dialogue skills to navigate diversity and learn directly from their global peers.
Through this volunteer position alumni are able to benefit from training and gain experience in a global environment. Since 2016 more than 40 alumni successfully joined the network sharing best practices and helping young people engage in meaningful dialogue.
Successful applicants can be part of the Alumni programme from August to August of the following year.
You can complete the application form to be a Generation Global Moderator at the bottom of this page.
What have previous Alumni said?
Click on the bubbles below to listen to their experiences:
If you want to learn more about the role and would like to apply, see the details below.
Who is an Alumni moderator?
- An ex-Generation Global student (out of compulsory education by September 2023)
- Between 18 and 24 years of age
- Passionate about intercultural dialogue
- Understands the core skills of dialogue (global communication, active listening, critical thinking, questioning, reflection)
- Wants to volunteer at least 3 hours per week over the course of one year to support young people in developing dialogue skills
- Very good knowledge of English
- Comfortable with technology
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Enthusiastic about the Generation Global programme and shares it with the world
What we provide
- Training on the Generation Global dialogue model
- Training on how to moderate online dialogue spaces and digital platforms
- Training on skills for working in a global environment
- All participants will undergo background checks and receive safeguarding training
- A dedicated member of staff to mentor, supervise and build your portfolio of skills in the field
- Experience of engaging with a global community of young people
- Opportunities to represent the programme in social media or other media channels
- A certificate of participation
- A letter of reference, signed by the Director of Generation Global at the end of the volunteering period, outlining your experience
What successful Alumni applicants are going to do
- Moderate online dialogue spaces to ensure appropriate behaviour and support young people in developing their skills of dialogue
- Engage with a global community of young people by posting, commenting and questioning on their content
- Participate in monthly calls with the other alumni to review highlights, challenges, suggestions on how to improve the experience of young people on the platform
- Report inappropriate content and safety concerns
- Share examples of dialogue with the Generation Global team