Volunteer opportunities to engage with Generation Global
Generation Global values every student participating in the programme. If you have enjoyed being part of our global network we would like to invite you to continue your engagement with our online community. Every year we offer opportunities for students who would like to further develop their knowledge and skills on digital dialogue to join our alumni network.
Working closely with Generation Global's central team, the alumni contribute to enrich students' experience on the Ultimate Dialogue Adventure, supporting them to use dialogue skills to navigate diversity and learn directly from their global peers.
Through this volunteer position alumni are able to benefit from training and gain work experience in a global environment. Since 2016 more than 40 alumni successfully joined the network sharing best practices and helping students engage in meaningful dialogue.
"The Generation Global network is not an average social media, it allows different cultures to meet, helps students to open their minds and hearts, and where peer-to-peer education has some great results. As an Alumna Moderator I constantly read blogs, comments and facilitate the dialogue among students helping them to engage in dialogue and improve their dialogue skills. Moreover, it helps me in my real life because dialogue matters and enables me to turn divisive debates into a positive and constructive situations." Federica, alumna from Italy
If you want to learn more about the role and would like to apply, see the details below.
Who is an Alumni moderator?
- An ex-Generation Global student (out of compulsory education by September 2021)
- Between 18 and 24 years of age
- Passionate about intercultural dialogue
- Understands the core skills of dialogue (global communication, active listening, critical thinking, questioning, reflection)
- Wants to volunteer at least 2 hours per week to support young people in developing the skills of dialogue
- Very good knowledge of English
- Comfortable with technology
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Enthusiastic about the Generation Global programme and shares it with the world
What we provide
- Training on the Generation Global dialogue model
- Training on how to moderate online dialogue spaces and digital platforms
- All participants will undergo background checks and receiving safeguarding training
- A dedicated member of staff to mentor, supervise and build your portfolio of skills in the field
- Experience of engaging with a global community of students
- Potentially, there may be opportunities to represent the programme in social media or other media channels
- A certificate of participation
- A letter of reference, signed by the Director of Generation Global at the end of the volunteering period, outlining your experience
What successful Alumni applicants are going to do
- Moderate online dialogue spaces to ensure appropriate behaviour and support young people in developing their skills of dialogue
- Engage with a global community of students by posting, commenting and questioning on students’ content
- Participate in monthly calls with the other alumni to review highlights, challenges, suggestions on how to improve the experience of young people on the platform
- Report inappropriate content and safety concerns
- Share examples of excellent dialogue with the Generation Global team
Interested? Apply below!
Applications for the cohort 2021-2022 have now closed. Come back here in May/June to apply for the cohort 2022-2023.