ABOUT THE EDUCATION WEEK
In honour of International Literacy Day on 8 September, Generation Global will be celebrating education in September by organising an Education Dialogue Week (28 September - 1 October 2021). This is an online event for young people ages 13-17 to learn about UN SDG 4 (Quality Education) through the experience of intercultural dialogue. There is no cost to join the Education Week.
Details on how to sign up to the Education Week will be provided via email after you register on the Ultimate Dialogue Adventure.
For the Education Week, participants will take part in the following activities:
- Register on the Ultimate Dialogue Adventure by 23 September if you do not have an account already
- Review an overview of SDG 4 that you will find in the video conference page before you book
- Complete the corresponding online topic (Education) on the Ultimate Dialogue Adventure (UDA)
- Participate in a video conference with peers around the world (during the week 28 September - 1 October)
REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO PARTICIPATE
- Register on the Ultimate Dialogue Adventure. Complete the Learning Dojo and the Education topic, and earn 30 XP in the corresponding Dialogue Space.
- A smartphone, tablet, laptop or computer with a camera and microphone to participate in video conferences
- A stable internet connection
- About three hours of your time during the week
Note: Participants who have previously registered for the UDA will not have to do so again. Also, participants who have already completed the Learning Dojo will not have to complete this again!
All participants taking part in the Week will receive:
- A certificate highlighting your foundational knowledge of SDG 4 (Quality Education) and application of dialogue skills. This will be great to add to your resume and college applications or to showcase to teachers, parents, family and friends!
Through joining the Education Week, participants will:
- Gain knowledge and understanding of SDG 4 Quality Education;
- Boost their experience in applying the five core skills of dialogue (Global communication, Active Listening, Critical Thinking, Questioning, and Reflection);
- Make connections with peers all over the world and learn from each other, hearing real stories about the way SDG 4 manifests in people's lives.
HOW TO SIGN UP?
Create a student account on the Ultimate Dialogue Adventure (if you have not already) by 23 September. We will send you instructions on how to participate in the Education Week by email.