WHY ARE THE SDGS SO IMPORTANT?
The United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) lay out the collective goals of all countries to make the world a better place. There are 17 SDGs designed to address the environmental, social, economic, and political issues facing the world. Increasingly they guide the global policy agenda and communal efforts to secure peace and prosperity for people and planet, now and into the future. Knowledge of these SDGs is hugely valuable for any young person who wants to create a positive impact in the world.
ABOUT THE SDG DIALOGUE SERIES
The Generation Global SDG Dialogue Series is an online programme for young people ages 13-17 to learn about select SDGs through the experience of intercultural dialogue on some of the most significant topics and events of today. There is no cost to join the series and the programme will cover four SDGs spread over a four-week period.
To take part, participants will need to sign up by clicking on the buttons at the end of this page. Participants will also need to complete a short introductory module and complete a registration form on the Ultimate Dialogue Adventure.
In the registration form, there is an option to choose one or more of the following SDGs:
For each week, participants will take part in the following activities (the duration of each activity is indicated in brackets):
- Read a briefing on the SDG (30 min)
- Complete the corresponding online topic on the Ultimate Dialogue Adventure (30 min)
- Participate in a video conference with peers around the world (60 min)
- Submit a reflection (30 min)
- Week 1: July 4th - 10th 2022 SDG #3: Good Health And Well Being (UDA topic 1: Health and Well Being)
- Week 2: July 11th - 17th 2022: SDG #8: Decent Work and Economic Growth (UDA topic 2: Wealth and Poverty)
- Week 3: July 18th - 24th 2022: SDG #10: Reduced Inequalities (UDA topic 3: Rights and Inequalities)
- Week 4: July 25th - 31st 2022: SDG #13: Climate Action (UDA topic 4: Climate Change)
- A smartphone, tablet, laptop, computer or any device with a camera and microphone to participate in video conferences
- A stable internet connection
- About three hours of your time per week for each topic you want to participate in
- Register and complete the Learning Dojo on the Ultimate Dialogue Adventure. This is an interactive platform that leads young people through a game to learn the skills of intercultural dialogue and participate in forums focused on a variety of global topics and issues.
Note: Participants who have previously registered for the UDA and/or have completed the Learning Dojo will not have to do so again. You will only have to update your profile with the events code for the SDG topics you want to participate in.
All participants taking part in the series will receive:
- A certificate highlighting each SDG that you have completed, certifying your foundational knowledge of those SDGs and application of dialogue skills. This will be great to add to your resume and university applications or to showcase to teachers, parents, family and friends.
- A special golden badge in the certificate for any participant who completes all four topics!
Participating in this series will support you in becoming an informed global citizen by:
- Gaining knowledge and understanding of globally significant issues and current events, as well as foundational knowledge of these SDGs
- Boosting your experience in applying the five core skills of dialogue - Global communication, Active Listening, Critical Thinking, Questioning, and Reflection
- Using the skills of dialogue to share personal stories and ideas about different SDGs
- Making connections with peers all over the world and learn from each other, hearing real stories about the way the SDGs manifest in people's lives
HOW TO SIGN UP?
To join the series, simply sign up by registering on the Ultimate Dialogue Adventure. Read this article to learn about the registration process.
At the time of registration, remember to choose the SDGs you want to learn about - you can choose one or more.
To choose the SDGs, simply enter the code(s) for the weeks you want to participate in as separate fields in the Events code field:
- Event code: WEEK1
- Event code: WEEK2
- Event code: WEEK3
- Event code: WEEK4
If you already have an account on the Ultimate Dialogue Adventure, you can enter the code(s) in your profile.
Watch the video below to learn how you can participate if you are new or if you already have an account.
If you have any questions, please read our Frequently Asked Questions on the SDG Dialogue Series or send us a request via the Support Centre.