My Freedom Day
About the #MyFreedomDay campaign
March 16 is #MyFreedomDay, an international campaign to raise awareness about human trafficking and slavery, organised by CNN International. The campaign invites young people, schools, individuals, and organisations around the world to participate in activities on this day of action to celebrate freedom and speak up and act out for those who are unable to.
About #MyFreedomDay Dialogues
Dialogues around human trafficking can take us to the heart of what it means to be human; how we value each other and what our responsibilities are to one another as a race. Generation Global is organising special online global dialogues on the topic of human trafficking on #MyFreedomDay for young people aged 13 to 17.
These special dialogues will allow young people to share their different perspectives on the value of human life with one another and explore challenging questions around human trafficking by hearing real life experiences and building connections with their global peers.
The 60-minute virtual dialogues will be moderated by Generation Global's trained facilitators during the week of March 13, 2023.
How to participate?
As an educator
If you have not already:
- Register on the Teacher Portal (learn how)
- Create a class for your learners (learn how)
- Send learners a link to register to the Ultimate Dialogue Adventure (UDA) from your account (learn how)
Once you have registered and created a class:
As a learner
Step 1: If you have not already, sign up on our student gamified platform, Ultimate Dialogue Adventure, here - adventure.generation.global
Step 2: Enter the event code MYFREEDOMDAY (learn how)
Step 3: Read the MyFreedomDay briefing sent by email from the Generation Global team
Step 4: Book and participate into a video conference between 13th – 17th March 2023 (learn how)
Step 5: Complete the reflection popup after the video conference (learn how)
Certificate of Participation
All learners who complete a video conference and submit their final reflections will receive a certificate for participating in the #MyFreedomDay global youth dialogues.
- Gain deeper knowledge and understanding on the issue of human trafficking as a global human rights abuse.
- Apply the five core skills of dialogue (Global communication, Active Listening, Critical Thinking, Questioning, Reflection) in live video conferences to explore the topic of human trafficking.
- Think critically with global peers about the value of human life, tackling this global crisis, and ways to raise awareness and protect each other and our communities.
- I wanted to thank you initially for having us in the human trafficking discussion. Our students absolutely loved the discussion and enjoyed talking to other students worldwide and sharing their perspectives on this topic. Our students loved tackling this issue and were inspired by the youth's action to ending human trafficking and addressing issues that are related to it.
- This dialogue experience allowed me to listen while others shared their personal experiences of lack of media exposure about instances of human trafficking. I was able to sympathize with those who stated they live in countries with high rates of human trafficking as well as expand my perspective on human worth based on listening to new perspectives which were shared.
- Participants did a good job sharing their understanding of human trafficking and explaining why it is an important issue, including raising some excellent points around how young people can and should be educated and raise awareness on human trafficking and its different forms.